Deadline for Applications Has Passed.
2013 E3S REU Program Dates
June 9 - August 10
Exciting Research Areas
- 9-weeks of research experience
- Hands-on research guided by faculty mentors and graduate students
- Graduate school advising and subsidized GRE prep course
- Guest speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $4,000 stipend plus room and board
- Travel allowance (up to $600)
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident to apply. International students are NOT eligible for this program.
- Sophomores, juniors, and non-graduating seniors enrolled in four year colleges and universities in the United States
- Engineering and Physical Science majors
- 3.25 grade point average or higher
- No prior research experience required
- Completed online application form
- Two recommendations: at least one from current faculty within or related to the field of your major
- Unofficial or official academic transcript from all attended colleges / universities
- Resume or CV
Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2013
- All applications, including letters of recommendations and transcripts, must be received by February 1, 2013.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Notification of decisions is expected to be sent in the first two weeks of March.
Questions and Supporting Documents can be Addressed to:
E3S Education & Outreach Programs
ATTN: Dr. Sharnnia Artis, Director
University of California
562 Sutardja Dai Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-1764
Fax: (510) 666-2026