Application deadline has passed.
Please revisit during October 2015 for the next application period.
2015 E3S REU Program Dates
June 7 - August 8
Exciting Research Areas
- Learn about the Center's Research.
- See flyer.
- View this video for more information on the E3S REU program.
- 9-weeks of research experience
- Hands-on research guided by faculty mentors and graduate students
- Graduate school advising and subsidized GRE prep course
- Guest speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $4,000 stipend plus room and board
- Travel allowance (up to $600)
- Learn more: view the calendar of activities of past year's program.
- View this video for scenes from the past year.
- Must be a United States citizen, national, or permanent resident to apply. International students are NOT eligible for this program.
- Sophomores, juniors, and non-graduating seniors enrolled in four year colleges and universities in the United States
- Engineering and Physical Science majors
- 3.25 grade point average or higher
- No prior research experience required Students who are first in their family to go to college, come from low-income backgrounds, are from underserved communities, and/or are women and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Completed online application form
- Two recommendations (using recommendation form): at least one from current faculty within or related to the field of your major
- Unofficial or official academic transcript from all attended colleges / universities
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Questions can be Addressed to:
E3S Education & Outreach Programs
ATTN: Lea Marlor, Program Manager
University of California
562 Sutardja Dai Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-1764
Fax: (510) 666-2022
Phone: (510) 664-4882