To enable a radical reduction in energy consumption in electronic devices:
- Research to lead to fundamentally new science;
- Educate a diverse generation of scientists, engineers, and technicians;
- Promote the application of the Center’s research outcomes.
- Concentrates on two fundamental components of digital information processing systems: the digital logic switch and the short-medium range communication of information between logic elements.
- Seek to approach the fundamental limits on the energy consumption required to process information.
- Establish fundamental advances in physics, chemistry, and materials science.
Congratulations to Professor Tsu-Jae King Liu!
Newly Elected Member to the National Academy of Engineering
To contribute to the development of a diverse generation scientists and engineers:
- Be knowledgeable in the scientific approaches to low energy digital electronics systems;
- Appreciate that diverse teams optimize creativity; and
- Understand the process of innovation and the transition of research results to commercially-viable products.
J.A. del Alamo, D.A. Antoniadis, J. Lin, W. Lu, A. Vardi, and X. Zhao,
Nanometer-Scale III-V MOSFETs, IEEE J. of Electron Devices Soc., Jul 2016, accepted.
K. Liu, C.L., Hsin, D.Y. Fu, J. Suh, S. Tongay, M. Chen, Y.H. Sun, A.M. Yan, J. Park, K.M. Yu, W.L. Guo, A. Zettl, H.M. Zheng, D.C. Chrzan, and J. Wu,
Self-Passivation of Defects: Effects of High-Energy Particle Irradiation on the Elastic Modulus of Multilayer Graphene,
Adv. Mater., vol. 27, no. 43, pp. 6841-6847, Oct 2015.
C. Heidelberger and E.A. Fitzgerald,
Heavy P-Type Carbon Doping of MOCVD GaAsP Using CBRCl3, J. Cryst. Growth, vol. 446, pp. 7–11, Jul 2016.
J. Hong, A. Hadjikhani, M. Stone, F. Allen, V. Safonov, P. Liang, J. Bokor, and S. Khizroev,
The Physics of Spin-transfer Torque Switching in Magnetic Tunneling Junctions in Sub-10-nm Size Range,
IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 52, no. 7, Jul 2016.
S. Artis, C. Amelink, and T.-J. King Liu, Examining the Self-Efficacy of Community College STEM Majors: Factors Related to Four Year Degree Attainment, Community Coll. J. Research and Practice, Mar 2015.
- Multiple Honors for E3S Theme Leader, Professor Tsu-Jae King Liu
- E3S further expands summer research opportunities.
- E3S promotes collaborations among member institutions.
- Bokor Research Group experimentally confirms the Landauer Limit.
- Yablonovitch received the 2016 Buckley Physics Prize at the APS March Meeting.
- Salahuddin selected to receive a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers.