2017 E3S REU Program Dates
June 3 - August 5
Exciting Research Areas
- Learn about the Center's Research.
- See flyer.
- View this video for more information on the E3S REU program.
- 9-weeks of research experience
- Hands-on research guided by faculty mentors and graduate students
- Graduate school advising and subsidized GRE prep course
- Guest speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $4,000 stipend plus room and board (dependent upon selected campus)
- Travel allowance (up to $600)
- Learn more: view the calendar of activities of past year's program.
- Must be a United States citizen, national, or permanent resident to apply. International students are NOT eligible for this program.
- Sophomores, juniors, and non-graduating seniors enrolled in four year colleges and universities in the United States
- Engineering and Physical Science majors
- 3.25 grade point average or higher
- No prior research experience required Students who are first in their family to go to college, come from low-income backgrounds, are from underserved communities, and/or are women and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Completed online application form
- Two recommendations (using recommendation form): at least one from current faculty within or related to the field of your major
- Unofficial academic transcript from all attended colleges / universities
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- View this video for tips on applying.
To Apply to the E3S REU Program, Follow these Steps:
Download and READ the E3S REU Program Information & Application Packet before filling out the application on-line.
Download or print the Letter of Recommendation Form . Provide your recommenders the form and inform your recommenders their letters must be RECEIVED by our office no later than January 27, 2017. They may send their recommendations via email, fax or regular mail.
Send an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) via email, fax or regular mail. Please note you must send a transcript for every undergraduate institution you have attended. Admitted applicants will be asked to submit an official transcript at the time of acceptance.
Complete the on-line application. Click here to access the application form.
Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2017 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- All applications, including letters of recommendations, resume and transcripts, must be RECEIVED by January 27, 2017.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Notification of decisions is expected to be sent in mid March.
Questions can be Addressed to:
E3S Education & Outreach Programs
ATTN: Dr. Kedrick Perry, Diversity Director
University of California
562 Sutardja Dai Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-1764
Fax: (510) 664-4113